Botanic and Biodiversity Group, University of Koblenz and Landau
The Botanic and Biodiversity group at the University of Koblenz and Landau is led by Professor Dr Eberhard Fischer. The department looks to map the animal and plant life of rainforests in Africa, and Professor Fischer and his team regularly discover new species of flora and fauna. They are regularly responsible for new breakthroughs in the life sciences.
Professor Fischer has made particular study of biodiversity in Rwanda. Since his first excursion in 1984, he has visited the country on 79 trips. In 1999, a formal partnership was established between the University of Koblenz and Landau and the University of Rwanda, of which Professor Fischer is the partnership co-ordinator for the German university.
- Profile in Horizon2020 Projects Portal – issue 11
- Profile in Horizon2020 Projects Portal – Issue 9
- Profile in Pan European Networks Science and Technology – issue 17
- Diversity of flora and vegetation of African and Madagascan rainforests
- Diversity and systematics of selected plant groups: red algae, lichens, mosses, ferns, orchids and impatiens.
- Mapping of selected groups of plants from the native flora
- Indexes of herbaria