MarkMar has extensive expertise in the European research arena and has maintained a special focus on the European framework programmes (FP) through direct participation in projects and in proposal developments. Team building and consortia management from FP4 to the current Horizon 2020 programme provide us with a strong foundation to work with our clients.
MarkMar identifies possible sources of research funding and provides expertise to help partners to prepare and manage their collaborative research proposals and projects in the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 framework programme and Eurostars-Eureka.
MarkMar can undertake the entire process of developing a research proposal from defining the idea, building a consortium, submitting a research proposal, EC contract preparation support, and supporting the project management in collaboration with the project consortium through the project lifecycle if required.
For successful proposal writing we will advise you on the proposal conception, project structuring, and the roadmap for the necessary stages towards delivering a competitive project proposal and its submission. We:
- Support you in the project preparation, including the construction of the project consortium;
- Provide practical help in proposal writing;
- Prepare the administrative elements of the project, including the financial budgeting;
- Fine-tune your project towards the research policies behind the call addressed; and
- Help you develop your proposals to compete in the highly competitive submissions, and work with you to surpass the competition through leveraging joint expertise and networking tools.
In Horizon 2020 we have already achieved success in a number of projects, both for SMEs and for larger clients. Visit our News page for more details.
MarkMar works with you to bring together all the necessary elements, knowledge and research developments required to establish the market potential for each project’s results, and provide expertise in mobilising venture funding partners to bring innovations to market.
Partners coming on-board an innovation project concept with background knowledge, funding and other resources will be advised through the establishment of a consortium agreement on the appropriate sharing ratio of IPR prior to project kick-off.
Dedicated training courses
MarkMar conducts dedicated training courses for supporting participation in EC funding programmes. These can be offered as special in-house courses or by hosting open training workshops. The course content focuses on the following topics:
- Proposal concept development and writing of the proposal;
- Consortium building to meet specific call topic requirments;
- Contract phase requirments;
- Research project management, including report writing and financial issues;
- Consortium agreements and IPR;
- Financial issues in EC-funded contracts and general proposal follow-up in perodic reporting; and
- The MarkMar team can share its extensive experience in international project management, financial regulations and rules specific to EU-funded projects.
Successful project management requires frequent contact with partners to facilitate the progress of the project according to the work plans, and to ensure that all work is done to the highest standard. MarkMar will actively encourage the development of relationships between partners to ensure the successful conclusion of every project. For further information about clients and projects, visit our website www.markmar.is
Examples of Horizon 2020-funded projects
The active project management service provided by MarkMar as a project partner or a third party contractor to the co-ordinator will provide:
- Integrated as managing partner in your consortium, MarkMar takes the burden of project bureau administration and is on your side from the initial contract phase with the funding body to the last scientific report and financial audit;
- Support in dissemination, communications and knowledge management towards a successful transfer of science to market;
- Compilation of all periodic and final reports for the European Commission;
- Liaise with the EC project officers on all additional consortium requirements; and
- Financial and administrative tasks management.